We are sitting in an Applebee's drinking 2for1 margaritas in Palm Bay, FL tonight. We drove up from Ft. Lauderdale after market today so I haven't seen the beach yet (It was dark when we arrived), but there are sure a lot of college students in the inn and restaurants because of spring break. Let's hope we get some sleep tonight.
Sunday was our last day in Summerland Key and I went to the beach with Genie and her twin 8-year old boys. It was beautiful and a nice way to say goodbye and recover from the night before (more on that below). I still have never been to the Carribbean because FireCat is not a cruising kind of guy, so I will need to return on my own for that someday I suppose. But the Keys are as close as I have been and it was a wonderful experience to be there. Luckily, they invited us back and like to have company so I hope it won't be my last time there. I have one of our beautiful water photos with the egret and mangrove trees as my screensaver now and it gives me good feelings just turning on my computer.
OK, I promised to tell about our Saturday night experience...I went to my first drag show. Our host's daughter who is smart and beautiful (a university student in Miami who was also a beauty pageant queen from the Keys)...is also very social and knows most of the business owners in Key West. Sunday was her 23rd birthday so the "dancers" at the club invited her to perform with them Saturday night as a birthday present. She is the only true female who has ever been allowed on stage. She fit right in, however, and I'm sure made the straight-but-curious male tourists very happy they were there. ;)
The thing that puzzles me is--why, if these guys are gay, do they want to look at guys who are trying to look like women? I would think that guys who look like guys would be more appealing. I'll have to ask some of my friends about that.
Well, I hear it's flooding in the mid-west and freezing in my neighborhood in California so I'm glad I'm here at the moment. Hopefully, Spring will have sprung and the roads dried up by the time we leave Atlanta.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment