Wednesday, May 7, 2008

5/06/08 – Home at Last



I finished up the last week of the trip on a cruise to Mexico to celebrate my mom’s 80th birthday. My daughter and her beau came along too. FireCat elected other pleasures (such as the Getty Museum) and a little work too in southern California before driving the final leg home alone. (Hey somebody had to clear the house of spiders before I arrived!)

Above are photos of formal night on the cruise (with me behind the camera) and “The Last [Sushi] Supper” of our trip (with FireCat behind the camera) as my daughter delivered me to him after the cruise at Sumo Sushi in SLO town.

It is good to be back home for awhile, even though I am waist high in mail, tax preparations and other jobs. FireCat and I are already talking about taking some weekend excursions nearby to keep alive that feeling that we are still on the road, and the bonding that came from it. If the price of gas doesn’t go ballistic this summer, we might even be able to make our annual excursion to Vancouver into a road trip instead of flying up.

For the next couple of months though our focus will be on work (gotta recover from those trip expenses!), yard work, and some time with friends and family. After arriving home I couldn’t wait to resume my regular walks on our nearby beach and as FireCat and I were walking along, hand in hand, he spoke what both of us were thinking: “We’ve been all over the country, and I’m not sure we’ve found anything better than this.”

Don’t think for a minute though that this will be the last of our adventures. You might want to check in here again every few weeks just to see if something might be going on in between “the responsibilities.” ;)

Many thanks to all of you who have participated in our escapade through this link. We’ve appreciated your interest, your kind comments, and knowing that although we might be far from one another (or just on our way after a visit to you) that we stayed connected. I hope in some small way our adventure has prompted you to dream your dreams and to remember that all it takes to make them happen is a decision and some planning. It’s easier than you think if you think of it as possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your cruise was great!

I hope you keep blogging even though your travels are over (for now!).

Love,
Jacquelyn