Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Home Sweet Home"...or how about "Busy as Bees Again"

Well, we're back home and in the thick of things. There have definitely been no summer doldrums in the market this August!

FireCat is in the midst of writing new software to automate and improve some of our trading processes and strategies. We are both switching brokers--since Schwab swallowed CyberTrader we have not been happy with their platform so we are trying out a smaller, more responsive firm in El Segundo called MB Trader...looks promising so far.

I have been buried in investigating and applying for a mortgage refi since my ARM begins to float in September...yes I know, me and everybody else! Anyway, I found a great rate and have been approved for a new product from ING Direct, only being offered to current customers so far. They've been fast and efficient and I'm only having to pay 5.25%. The product isn't for everyone but it's a great fit for me, so now it's only a matter of finishing the paperwork. That's a relief!

For those of you still relishing summer (it doesn't mean quite the same to us here in California where it's nice year round and just as likely to be foggy in August as sunny), enjoy the rest of the season...and I hope some of you will post some comments to our blog and let us know some of the interesting places and experiences you had on your vacation this year. Who knows, we might just built it in to our next adventure!

No comments: