Travel Trader is on the move again. Wheeee!
Tuesday afternoon I decided that I need to put some life back in my life so I hit the road Wednesday after market for a short little adventure. My wonderful Firecat wished me good luck and is holding down the home front. Wow, that's gotta be one of the advantages of living with a Liberal, lol. I need to remember more often how much change has happened in Firecat, too, since I met him.
I decided not to drive south because it's way too familiar, although sometime I'd like to visit Fort Bragg. Straight north is pretty familiar too so I opted to head for Redding and had the most beautiful drive Wednesday afternoon. It was very nostalgic--both fulfilling and grounding into my own roots--to be driving by all the rivers and lakes where my dad took me camping and fishing and swimming as a kid. He gave us some wonderful experiences.
I also connected with why he and Mary went to Reno at least once a year--I know now that for him it was just as much about the beauty of the drive and the adventure of the trip as it was about the gambling. I remembered him telling me about all the interesting and beautiful places there are in Reno outside the casinos that most people never see.
So with those memories flooding through me on the drive over 299, I decided to go to Reno and here I am. I stayed south of Redding Wednesday night and had another gorgeous drive through the mountains yesterday. I'm trying to stay off the computer as much as possible so I'm about to head down to the gym this morning, which I hope to follow with a massage if they can fit me in.
Part of the reason for this trip is to try to shove myself out of the be responsible, plan everything, get your work done first mode that I'm usually in. It's interesting to feel myself shift through different thinking and feeling states as I drive. Wednesday morning I spent more time trading than I wanted to and then later in the day I noticed how different it feels to not be at the computer all day. Good awareness! lol
I can feel a sense of lightness of spirit creeping back into my heart more and more as each day goes by and I can begin to see that the sense of freedom I have been yearning for may in fact be possible. I may need help from all of you in trying to maintain some of it when I return home--I sooo need to integrate it into my 'regular' life. You are all such blessings to me and I am experiencing very fully that life is truly a gift.
I won't promise to post every day, but I'll try to update you at least once, even if it's after I get home...but I have a hunch this won't be the last time I'll do this. ;)
Friday, October 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How odd that I should look on here today!!! Freedom does call loudly sometimes. Glad to hear you and Firecat are still maintaining. Hope you have an awesome but safe adventure. Wish I were there. LOL
Liz in KC
Post a Comment