Thursday, February 21, 2008

2/21/2008 - Moving on


I know I've been remiss in my posting--having too good a time with the three grandchildren I guess. My visit was a wonderful combination of helping my daughter with the housework, playing and creating relationships with my two granddaughters (three years old and almost two), deep discussions with my daughter and son-in-law in the evenings, and of course continuing to trade until mid-afternoon. The only things I missed out on were sleep and exercise! LOL

It is difficult to leave them all and makes it even harder to live so far away that I only get to see them about once a year. I hope I can make it more frequent in the future. I feel really lucky to have a son-in-law with whom I feel so comfortable and who seems to not mind me being around. Not too many people can stand a visitor for two weeks!

Firecat and I had a couple nice days in the French Quarter and today we drove to a Nature Conservancy Swamp near Slidell. It's been raining and it's humid so it was the perfect setting...but the boardwalk was way to short to suit me--I needed a longer walk!

Then we drove to Biloxi and I got to play craps at the Beau Rivage. I didn't win this time though. Tonight we parked in a lovely park and had a picnic dinner in the van with classical guitar wafting from Firecat's music setup. The trees are making that wonderful dripping sound overhead as I write. We agreed we are having quite an enjoyable adventure and making some wonderful memories. I need to wrap this up quickly however since my battery is low. We head for Alabama tomorrow after market, then Firecat's sister's in Florida by Sunday. I'll add some photos when we get them downloaded.

No comments: