Well, I learned something new about Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Every other night of the year Bourbon Street parties on all night, but on Mardi Gras night the horse police ride shoulder to shoulder (rump to rump??) through Bourbon Street forcing everyone to quit partying at midnight. I figure it must have something to do with Lent starting the next day but having never been Catholic it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I am here (in Metairie, a suburb of N'awlins) visiting my oldest daughter, her husband and three children (the youngest, their first boy, having just arrived on the scene Dec. 28). Now I know for sure why God created menopause. Whew, am I ever worn out!
My son-in-law works in technology so their house is wired well and it's a great place to trade, which keeps me busy until 3:00, then there's laundry, shopping, dinner prep, dishes, and of course story-reading, diaper-changing, etc. mixed in throughout the day. At least I don't have to help breast-feed the baby. ;)
I only had two and I was young then, but that was plenty for me. This is my oldest daughter who I always thought would be the career woman because she was so studious and intellectual in high school and college, but instead she wants eight (!) children and plans to home school them all. I don't know how she handles it all so well--she stays so calm and I feel like a train wreck by the time the kids are in bed. Of course they're all adorable but I won't start with that; I am the proud Granny after all. The hardest part actually is forming relationships with them and then having to leave and not see them again for so long.
No news to report other than that. Firecat is still enjoying himself with Charles near Austin while I'm here slaving away with the toddlers. (Now you know why he didn't come with me, ha ha!)
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment