Monday, July 21, 2008

7/21/08 – Vancouver...run-up to conference week

We’ve been having a nice time in Vancouver but it is HOT here. Our apartment is covered with windows all along one side—makes for nice light in the room but the solar effect is dramatic. I suppose it’s a good thing in the winter since it rains so much here, but right now I need to stand in front of the window fan to cool off if I’m not outside.

I registered for the conference this afternoon. It will be a nice mix of investment advice, financial education, networking with resource explorers, and evening festivities including cocktail parties, a big-band dance, a concert with the California Guitar Trio, and a screening of the indy film I.O.U.S.A….and all this for free because I was smart enough to sign up several years ago for a lifetime membership with this investment service called Agora Financial. It’s one of the highlights of my year.

Of course there are the more mundane aspects of life to tend to as well. I did laundry today, FireCat went to the grocery store and of course we are trading every morning. I’m stuck in a short position in a credit card company during this bounce in the financial companies. Luckily it started coming back down after American Express reported this afternoon so I guess I’m not gonna go broke after all. LOL

Yesterday I took a walk over to Granville Island where they have a community market and a lot of working artists’ studios. It was a nice day but on the way back I decided to save my feet and take the water taxi back instead of the long walk over the bridge. It dropped me off at the Aquatic Center on Sunset Beach so it was only about 4-5 blocks from home—much better! I’ve had some nice walks up around English Bay to Stanley Park as well, so at least I have been getting my exercise in. Now if I could just remember to take FireCat’s camera with me when I go I’d have some photos to show you too.

Well, it’s a busy day tomorrow, and for the rest of the week, so I’ll probably not post again until the weekend. I’ll try to identify the best stock tip of the week and let you all know. ;)

No comments: