Sunday, January 27, 2008

1/27/08 - Van Halen


Last night we drove into Dallas, met our trading partner for a drink at an Irish pub and then had another wonderful dinner of sushi, plus yakitori. I hadn't heard of yakitori before but basically it's meat skewers cooked on a hibachi behind the sushi bar. I would never have expected to get meat at a sushi bar, let alone chicken livers, but they were the best I ever ate...and I like eating them fairly often.

Then the highlight of the night; I went to my first rock concert...a little late in life I know, but hey, at this age I didn't even need earplugs. Firecat took me to see Van Halen, whom he hadn't seen live before either, and it was great--lots of theatrics and good guitar.

Today we went for a hike in the nearby wildlife refuge--saw lots of geese that are wintering here and enjoyed getting some exercise after all the riding in the van the past week. It's also nice to have a big kitchen so we are able to make some home cooked meals again.

I'm heading for a nice soak in the jacuzzi tub that's in our room and then hopefully a good sleep before we're back to the drama of the market tomorrow morning. At least it's great being in the central time zone so we don't have to get up until 8:00am instead of our usual 6:00am when we're home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a blast!!! I miss you and I love reading your blogs!!!