
Charles is with us this week and Firecat is providing training in advanced trading techniques. I think we're getting better, but Firecat is still buying dinner (whoever makes the most money each day gets to pay for dinner). ;)
This photo is the view from the tower where we have been trading every day. It overlooks a huge lake and marina from eight floors up. Tough life, eh? The only thing is that it's been really windy here and the whole tower sways. It's either very fun or very unnerving depending on your point of view--feels a bit like the time I was in a 6.8 earthquake on a high floor of the Holiday Inn in Van Nuys in 1976.
Tomorrow we leave here and head down to a resort near Austin where I'll have a chance to sample some of the famous Austin night life on Saturday before flying on Sunday to my daughter's house in New Orleans. I'm looking forward to meeting my new grandson and seeing the rest of her family too. Firecat and Charles will stay here in Texas for a couple weeks and then Firecat will drive out to pick me up in 'Nawlins and we'll head for Florida.
The trip is going great so far--a nice mix of activities, accommodations, experiences and company. I even got to the gym for a workout a couple times this week. It's late tonight now though so I'm going to "pack it in" but more later. Good night, y'all!
This photo is the view from the tower where we have been trading every day. It overlooks a huge lake and marina from eight floors up. Tough life, eh? The only thing is that it's been really windy here and the whole tower sways. It's either very fun or very unnerving depending on your point of view--feels a bit like the time I was in a 6.8 earthquake on a high floor of the Holiday Inn in Van Nuys in 1976.
Tomorrow we leave here and head down to a resort near Austin where I'll have a chance to sample some of the famous Austin night life on Saturday before flying on Sunday to my daughter's house in New Orleans. I'm looking forward to meeting my new grandson and seeing the rest of her family too. Firecat and Charles will stay here in Texas for a couple weeks and then Firecat will drive out to pick me up in 'Nawlins and we'll head for Florida.
The trip is going great so far--a nice mix of activities, accommodations, experiences and company. I even got to the gym for a workout a couple times this week. It's late tonight now though so I'm going to "pack it in" but more later. Good night, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment