Saturday, April 19, 2008

4/19/08 – Sedona


I really liked Flagstaff. After playing trivia in the brew pub we found a cool European coffee shop—interesting organic foods and coffees and an unusual band that turned out to be from San Diego. They were kind of a mix between a barbershop trio and traveling minstrels but all decked out in suits and hats that made them look like Frank Sinatra.

Thursday after trading we drove down to Tempe and had dinner with my cousin Kevin, whom I haven’t seen in over five years. He also joined us Friday morning for trading and lunch and we had several hours to talk. It was wonderful to catch up and talk about the changes in both of our lives, and in both of us. His life has been very difficult the last few years, and continues to be, but he is re-creating himself and there is also a sense of possibility and excitement in that. I have always respected those few who have the courage to choose introspection, self-responsibility and change, and it was good for me too to be inspired by his example and talk with him about some of our family issues.

Last night we drove to Sedona and have a lovely place here. I slept in this morning, took a hot bath in the big jacuzzi tub, lay down on the bed to cool off and fell asleep again. We took a drive into town this afternoon and stopped for groceries. It’s nice to have a few days off to just kick back and enjoy a little before trading starts again on Monday.

It’s beautiful here. The rocks, the soil, all the interesting geological formations—they’re all red. In fact, they call it Red Rock Country. The weather isn’t too hot yet so I look forward to taking some walks and maybe experiencing the “energy vortex” for which Sedona is famous. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great picture of you and Kevin! I hope he is doing well and readjusting. I hope you told him hi for me :) See you SOON!