Coming up I-70 through the Rockies from Denver today was awesome. Unfortunately I was driving and had to keep my eyes on the road occasionally. Still, as another spectacular view opened up around each bend, I couldn’t help feeling expansive in myself in the majestic strength of the space and yet very small at the same time.
We had a nice visit with FireCat’s ex-wife Lee on the way up here. She has a lovely home in the foothills of the Rockies near Golden, CO. FireCat hadn’t seen her in almost 30 years so I think it was a good time of re-connection and perhaps some healing. Among many other things she is a photographer and had many nice photos she had taken of FireCat during his days as a musician that she gave to us. It was a little scary for me how much some of them looked like my friend Dan.
Lee’s daughter is at university pursuing a career in horticulture so perhaps we will entice her to come visit Cal Poly some day. She is the third person we have met in the last week who has been to Ireland recently, so maybe the richest country in the world (it’s capital is always Dublin’--OK, it’s corny but it’s the way I learned to remember it in elementary school) is beckoning us for a visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment