Yeah—I finally got to meet Randy! FireCat has known him since he lived in Kansas City in his early 20s. Randy is a guide, with training and talent passed down through several generations in his family. He did a natal chart for me when I first knew FireCat and I couldn’t believe how much it sounded like he knew me, although we had never met or spoken and FireCat had told him nothing about me except my birth time and location. I listen to that CD again about once every year or so and every time I’m amazed and think, “Gee, I wish FireCat paid attention to everything that’s in here!” ;)
Anyway, I have spoken to Randy briefly on the phone a few times but never met him, and I was really looking forward to that. It was like meeting an old friend—one of those rare individuals with whom you can delve right down to the important stuff without a lot of small talk. He reminded me a lot of my friend Harvey, who is able to find something to connect with in everyone he meets. Randy has an innate interest in other human beings and a ready and infectious laugh, despite battling a potentially fatal illness resulting from radiation exposure during his Viet Nam War service.
We are hoping Randy will be able to come out and see us in California for some R&R. He is the type of person with whom you feel you could spend oodles of "quality" time and still just scratch the surface of the depth of who he is. Yes, I'd like the chance to walk him along a few miles of my neighborhood beach! ;)
After seeing Randy in Kansas City Thursday night, we drove to Denver on Friday and enjoyed another good sushi dinner at Sonoda’s in Aurora. Today we are coffee-ing up at Starbucks and enjoying the view of the snow-covered Rockies after driving across desolate flatlands for so long. We will stop and see FireCat’s ex-wife in Golden, then drive up to Vail where we’ll be in a timeshare for the next week.
Unfortunately I hosed—almost literally—FireCat’s computer before we left St. Louis. I spilled a glass of water on it and we haven’t been able to get it back on ever since. We tried ordering a new one from there but they sent one that FireCat can’t use so we need to hole up in one place for a week again so he can send it back and wait for delivery of a new one. Vail isn’t such a bad place to have to wait though. ;)
It feels great to be back in Colorado again. I went to college here when my ex-husband was getting his PhD. It’s a progressive state, much like California in that way, and it’s beautiful with great weather. I’ve always said I could live here if they had an ocean.
Anyway, I have spoken to Randy briefly on the phone a few times but never met him, and I was really looking forward to that. It was like meeting an old friend—one of those rare individuals with whom you can delve right down to the important stuff without a lot of small talk. He reminded me a lot of my friend Harvey, who is able to find something to connect with in everyone he meets. Randy has an innate interest in other human beings and a ready and infectious laugh, despite battling a potentially fatal illness resulting from radiation exposure during his Viet Nam War service.
We are hoping Randy will be able to come out and see us in California for some R&R. He is the type of person with whom you feel you could spend oodles of "quality" time and still just scratch the surface of the depth of who he is. Yes, I'd like the chance to walk him along a few miles of my neighborhood beach! ;)
After seeing Randy in Kansas City Thursday night, we drove to Denver on Friday and enjoyed another good sushi dinner at Sonoda’s in Aurora. Today we are coffee-ing up at Starbucks and enjoying the view of the snow-covered Rockies after driving across desolate flatlands for so long. We will stop and see FireCat’s ex-wife in Golden, then drive up to Vail where we’ll be in a timeshare for the next week.
Unfortunately I hosed—almost literally—FireCat’s computer before we left St. Louis. I spilled a glass of water on it and we haven’t been able to get it back on ever since. We tried ordering a new one from there but they sent one that FireCat can’t use so we need to hole up in one place for a week again so he can send it back and wait for delivery of a new one. Vail isn’t such a bad place to have to wait though. ;)
It feels great to be back in Colorado again. I went to college here when my ex-husband was getting his PhD. It’s a progressive state, much like California in that way, and it’s beautiful with great weather. I’ve always said I could live here if they had an ocean.
2 comments:
I enjoyed our visit and meeting you. I wish we had more time. When Sam is with me because he's hard of hearing I spend all my time making sure he doesn't miss anything. I hope there is a next time and we can have some "girls time". Travel safe.
I felt the same Lizzie--across the table was as bad as across the country! FireCat speaks highly of you and your creativity. Perhaps you and Sam will have the opportunity to visit us in California one day.
Post a Comment