Thursday, April 10, 2008

4/10/08 - Avon (near Vail), Colorado


I feel like I am living in a painting. It is so beautiful everywhere we go. The images as we walk down the street look like those you see in pictures. It's amazing. Here's a little taste of what Firecat and I look like walking about Vail Village in the snow. We went for the free outdoor concert last night--it was quite a crowd and no one seemed to mind the weather. Of course, most of them are dressed for skiing. I've been very sad that I lost my gloves somewhere previously on the trip--no doubt someplace where the weather was a lot warmer. ;)

We've been having a nice time here. The resort is built to look like a city, with domed skylights for the ceiling so that you have natural light and feel like you are walking through small village streets when you leave your room. There's an indoor pool, jacuzzis, etc., with shops and cafes as part of the resort, so it really does feel like you're walking through a little town.

I like it better outside though. The weather is invigorating, the views are gorgeous, and if you keep moving you don't feel too cold. It's been beautiful to watch it snow, and to walk outdoors while it's snowing. For someone who is definitely not a morning person, I've enjoyed walking to Starbucks to trade each morning--it sure wakes me up! (See photo at right.)

FireCat finally received his new computer today and I have been working on a newsletter for my book website, so we are getting a few things accomplished, too. (If you haven't seen my site, check it out at www.PRfortheProfessions.com. It's a public relations manual for professionals--health care, legal, financial, and any other professional in private practice such as an architect or engineer--I'd love to have you pass the link along to any professionals you know!)

I also put a photo at right of the pond here in Avon. It's a short walk from town and I've been going down there to walk around the lake for exercise after trading all day. It's just beginning to thaw around the edges so there's no ice skating now, but it sure is beautiful. I've seen gorgeous geese and birds that I've never seen before. I lived in Fort Collins, CO for a couple of years in college and I feel the same now as I did then: "I could live here if they had an ocean." FireCat says that if I wait until after 2012 they might. ;)

We're leaving here Saturday morning and heading for Albuquerque to that great sushi restaurant we like. They get the prize for the best one on the trip. Then we'll arrive in Sedona a week from tomorrow (Friday) for another week at a nice resort there...but FireCat and I agree that we'll be coming back to Colorado again in the future.

No comments: